Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Baby Girl is 5

I really can't believe that I just wrote that. It really seems like I was just pregnant with her. 
I have never seen a child more excited to turn 5 than her. She has been talking about it for months, counting down the weeks &days! On her actual birthday she went to school. She was really excited b/c she got to wear a pretty little birthday sash and all her friends sang to her. When I dropped her off and headed back to the car I started to cry...and it lasted for a few hours!!! More on that in a bit!!
My grandmother came in town for Victoria's birthday so she came with me to pick the kids up from school. V was really excited about that!!
That night we went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. They sang to her and made a very pretty dessert plate for her!
When I asked Victoria about 6 months ago what she wanted for her party she told me a princess party.
So, I decided to have her party at Sugar and Spice. This is the first party she has had that was not in our home. I figured we could do something special for her 5th birthday.
She absolutely loved it and wants to go back for her 6th birthday.
They really did make her feel special and like a little princess. I adored the whole party myself!!
It was fun to watch her with her friends even though she was pretty shy the whole time. 

Glittery hair!
make up and lip gloss, oh my!!
 her pose after her walk on the runway
 the little princess and her friends!
Her birthday party was on Saturday and we invited her friends from ballet,school and a few from church. I think all the little girls had a great time.
So....about all the crying i did on her actual birthday. While it is hard for me to accept the fact that my little girl is growing at a very fast speed, i know it's a part of like. BUT- when Victoria has a birthday it's just a little reminder that GOD chose her to be my child, me to be her mom and it brings me to tears. I am so incredibly thankful to GOD for allowing me to be a mom. There was a time in my life that I wasn't sure that I would ever be a mom. I wondered if the desire that I had in my heart was not being heard by GOD. I even prayed that if it was not his will to take that desire away from me. He heard it alright and has since blessed me with 3 beautiful children and for that...i will be grateful until the day i die.
So, happy birthday little princess you bring an amazing amount of joy to my days and I love you so much!!

No comments: