Thursday, May 28, 2009

Caleb's 2nd Birthday



Here are a few pics from Caleb's 2nd birthday party. My Mickey Mouse cake has a bit of a double chin. Not sure what happened there..but it's still cute and was edible!! Caleb had a great time at his party, he especially loved taking the tissue paper out of all of his presents. Now i know what to get him for Christmas...a bag full of tissue paper :)
I can't believe he is 2 already, it seems like he was just born. He is growing like a weed too. We went for his 2 year check-up yesterday and he was 36' and 27.8 pounds. Tall and Skinny!! He also got 1 shot and he did not cry at all, I was shocked..such a brave little man! He is also talking in 3-4 word sentences. He is a very smart little boy.
I don't know if its b/c Victoria & Caleb are so close but it seems like they are almost learning things at the same time. Obviously Victoria knows more than he does, but he does a very good job at keeping up with her. Just recently he had an ear infection and I had the pharmacy flavor his medicine b/c the last time he had to take it he hated the flavor. So, we chose Grape..it smelled good and I thought he would love it. Boy was I wrong!! I still had a very difficult time getting any of it in his mouth. One day i tried putting the medicine in his chocolate milk ( he didn't see me do this). I handed him the cup and he handed it back to me and said " my medicine." He knew it was in there and would not take another sip!! Smart Indeed!!
I have really enjoyed having a little boy they are so sweet and loving..i could just eat him up. I wasn't too sure I would like having a little boy since i didn't really grow up around too many boys. God has definitely showed me that its one of the greatest joys b/c little boys really do love their mommies!!
Oh Caleb, how I love you so!!

2 comments:

My Kids' Mom said...

I agree - boys ROCK! Celebrating Caleb's life with you!

Noelle said...

You are so talented!!! Great cake!