Today Victoria and I got locked outside the house. Victoria wasn't napping so I thought we would go out back to paint our toenails. It was beautiful outside today and I can always use more vitamin D!!
So, after we paint our nails I was going to go back inside for something and realized the door was locked. I was like, no way, surely the door isn't locked. This has never happened before and I had NO clue what I was going to do. I immediately started praying out loud!! Poor Victoria was so scared.
I thought to myself, Ok..lets go jump the fence, go to a neighbors house and call someone. BUT- if I jump the fence I can't get back over the fence and that would leave Victoria by herself. If I jump the fence I might hurt my back again, I am short and the fence is tall- not a good combo! I tried really hard to get myself over the fence but I was too scared. Then I thought I would just flag someone down, NO ONE was around for a really long time. I just kept praying and thinking...the boys are inside asleep and surely they are going to wake up soon. Victoria kept saying," mommy we have to get out of here, we are going to have to sleep here tonight". I reassured her that was not going to happen.
I was ready to break open a window. I really didn't know what I was going to do, it would have been a few hours before Corey got home. Corey rides a Van Pool for work,.so, there was no way he could even get home in a short amount of time if i had called him. Finally, I saw a car, I ran and jumped on the fence and started waving my arms like a crazy woman. The nice man stopped and let me use his cell phone, I'm sure he was thinking what kind of mom locks herself outside of her house!!
I called my mom and she didn't answer, so I called my dad! Thankfully he doesn't work too far away and he has a key to my house.....Praise the LORD!!!! About 15 minutes later he showed up and let us back in the house. When we got inside the baby was awake but i could tell he had just woken up. Caleb woke up shortly thereafter!
Victoria kept telling me she was going to tell daddy we got locked out. Sure enough as soon as he got home she ran in the garage and told him. She would tell me, "momma, I'm so glad we are inside again, I don't want to be locked outside." Sweet little thing :)
Such a stressful afternoon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment