This little guy is feeling better....he has his first ear infection and boy has it messed him up!!
He woke up friday night in the middle of the night, which was totally NOT like him. I thought maybe he was hungry b/c he is a growing man..22 pounds already! Then Saturday afternoon he started running a fever,ok maybe this was a virus? Sunday still had the fever and so I decided to take him to acute kids care. After taking a little peek inside his sweet ears the diagnosis was a yucky ear infection. It didn't really occur to me that this was the case. Neither Victoria or Caleb ever ran a high fever with their ear infections so I was clueless...ok so yes, this is my 3rd child...maybe it was just in the back of my mind. Monday rolls around and the sweet boy still has a fever....i was dying at this point. He was NOT feeling good at all. I was ready to rush him back to the Dr. but i called and talked to the nurse instead. She said to just wait it out another day and let the meds kick in a bit longer. I was alternating tylenol and advil every 4 hours and his fevers still reached 102+ at times...i felt so bad for him. Thankfully he seems to be doing better and is not as whiny as he has been the last 6 days!!
This sweet little boy is finally feeling better too!!
Last Saturday we came home from the gym and he started to vomit....we thought maybe his tummy was just being sensitive and sent him to take a nap. Shortly into the nap he vomits again...and then continues to do so for the next 6 hours. I finally decided it had been enough and we were going to the ER to get this poor baby some relief. My mom came with me and about 30 min after his zofran he was a new kid!!
He still felt pretty bad the next day but at least he was eating and keeping it down!!
Caleb was the one who started the yucky virus we all had 2 weeks ago.... this poor baby has been through the ringer!!
This sassy little thing escaped whatever was going on last weekend but 2 weeks ago it was her that almost landed a trip to the ER. We all caught the nasty virus and I would say she got the bad end of the deal...she was very sick!!
We are hoping we are on the mend and no one will get sick anytime soon. It has been very challenging around here thats for sure. It has been hard on our work out routines, diets, attitudes,date nights, church life- as we have had to miss a few weeks, wallets- been eating out b/c we don't want to cook when we've been taking care of sickies!!
I'm praying that the warmer weather will bring healthier kiddos!!



No comments:
Post a Comment