Wednesday, August 5, 2009

2 Weeks Already???



I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since Christian was born. I think we are all adjusting pretty well to our family of 5.
Caleb & Victoria seem to be doing great so far. I have not seen too much jealousy going on with them. They both love to hold Christian and see what he's doing (which is sleeping). Every morning when they come downstairs they want to know where their baby is. Victoria gets excited and shouts "OH MY" when he starts to cry...its so funny! The only thing I am having to keep my eye on is Caleb playing with the swing when I put Christian in it. He wants him to swing a little bit more than I do!!
Corey went back to work today and I think I did pretty well handling all 3 by myself. My body is telling me I should not have mopped the floor though!!
I did take Christian to his 2 week check up yesterday and he is up to 6 lbs 12 oz. They measured him being 20in which when he was born he was supposedly 19 1/4....so I'm thinking maybe he was longer when he was born?? I don't really know what to think about that...oh well, he's healthy and that's all that matters!!
Christian is still being a great baby, has even had a few 5 hour stretches between feedings at night...which I was very thankful for.
I seriously never knew that my heart could stretch this much. People always tell you that you'll have room in your heart for the next baby but I just never understood....that is until now. The love I have for my 3 children is just amazing and it grows everyday...especially seeing how sweet the older 2 are to their baby brother!! It just melts me!!

3 comments:

My Kids' Mom said...

You are such a good mommy, Anna! I'm pretty sure mopping wouldn't be anywhere in my thoughts with three little ones! You are amazing! So glad the older sibs are so sweet to Christian.

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness Anna! Your little ones are BEAUTIFUL! I can NOT wait to meet them! Congrats on a precious new baby boy. He is awesome! I bet your days are full with these three! Blessings to you... Tammy

Mary Beth said...

Aw - you are such a sweet, loving mommy. You will have to post new pictures of him soon, I am sure he's changing everyday. Please email or call us when you can (yeah, right, when you have time). Love from China!