

I woke up Tuesday having contractions and they were not the normal contractions i had been having, they were quite painful. This continued all day and seemed to be getting more painful as the day went on. We went out to eat with my parents for dinner and at this point the contractions were actually stopping me from doing things, like eating!! We came home and Corey wanted to fly kites with the kids so we hung out and flew kites while we waited for my grandmother to arrive. At this point every time i had a contraction i was bending over b/c it hurt so bad. Once my grandmother arrived i decided to go inside and time how often the contractions were coming. I decided to call my Dr and see what he wanted me to do and by the time he called me back they were every 3-5 minutes. So, we packed up and headed to the hospital. It was 10pm when we got there and they sent me to this woman's office to sign my consent forms...which totally made me mad...HELLO I was in PAIN. While I was in her office i had 2 contractions and she said, "oh your in pain" I said, yea i didn't come here at 10 o'clock at night for fun!!! So, i get in my room my nurse checks me and I was at a 3 1/2. I was thinking it was going to be a long night if I was only a 3. I got my epidural shortly thereafter and after that I was a 5!! At 12:20 she checked me again and I was a 7, right after that I could tell he was moving down. A few minutes went by and I sat up to call the nurse and my water broke. Sure enough at 12:30 I was a 10. My Dr was not there so they called him and he arrived within 15 minutes.
Once my Dr arrived I was able to push and 2 or 3 pushes later out he came!!! He weighed 6 pounds 7 ounces and was 19 1/4 inches long. I could not believe how tiny he was, the smallest of the 3 babies!!
Once my Dr arrived I was able to push and 2 or 3 pushes later out he came!!! He weighed 6 pounds 7 ounces and was 19 1/4 inches long. I could not believe how tiny he was, the smallest of the 3 babies!!
Christian is now 5 days old and is doing great. He sounds like a screeching bird when he cries. He loves his pacifier, does not like to have his diaper changed or to be cold (unswaddled). Victoria and Caleb seem to be doing really well with the change. They both love to talk to him and Victoria wants to hold him alot. Its been really cute to see how they act with him. I know things can change, but for now everything is going great.
I feel so incredibly blessed right now!!!
I feel so incredibly blessed right now!!!

2 comments:
Congratulations Anna! He is beautiful!!
Okay, I am sooooo impressed you are already blogging! I was impressed you left the hospital so early, but now this. Are you super mom or what?!
So glad things are going so smoothly!
Post a Comment